Wednesday 27 March 2013

The $1,000 Visa To China

Get Rich Now!

A week ago, I had been in Vancouver to provide a few presentations. As I was there, I additionally restored my Canadian passport. Overall, it had been an enjoyable and productive 1 week trip.

A few days ago (Monday, March 18), I visited china Visa office in LA to obtain a visa in my visit to Shanghai. I'd everything completed correctly, and all sorts of needed documents. However, because my passport was new, it didn’t have of these visas from China, and that i told Canada to eliminate my old passport rather than taking it back.

The woman in the visa office explained that with no old passport, they're not able to problem us a visa simply because they do not have my visa records within the LA office. I'd must see Vancouver to obtain a visa since that's where I acquired my previous visas. I told the woman, “I got back from Vancouver!” She responded, “Well, I suppose you will have to visit again.”

I reserved an 8PM flight to Vancouver that Monday mid-day. The program was to obtain a 24 hour hurry visa on Tuesday, after which fly home. Just just in case they're not able to get it done on the day that, I book a 1-way flight.

Twitter tweet

On Tuesday morning, I visited China visa office in Vancouver. They requested my old passport using the old visas. I said excitedly Canada destroyed it. Then they stated they will have to see my Canadian Citizen card. I figured which was pretty stupid because my passport clearly states I’m a Canadian citizen, and my card was in Oc!

They explained that without seeing the credit card, they're not able to problem us a visa. Lucky for me personally, I keep copies of my documents in Evernote. A fast search of my Evernote iPad application created the credit card for me personally paper out.

evernote rocks

I requested a 24 hour hurry service. They stated they no more do 24 hour, however the card is going to be ready by 9AM Wednesday.

I acquired my visa at 9AM Wednesday, got with an 11AM flight towards the OC, and arrived back in the John Wayne airport terminal over time to consider Sally to her skating class.

I'm back!

The rushed visa cost $196. Last second one-way plane tickets added another $804, making that one hell of the costly visa! If you wish to save the discomfort I experienced, then keep backup copies of the documents on Evernote, and request for the old passport when you obtain a brand new one. Had I requested my old passport back, the China Visa office in LA could have been in a position to problem us a visa. That will have saved $1,000 along with a two excursion. A minimum of it designed for a great blog publish.

Stay current wonderful John Chow’s strategies for generating income online and blogs by signing up via email. Your email is going to be stored private rather than distributed to anybody.

No comments:

Followers