Wednesday 4 August 2010

Driving Traffic Week In Review: July 30th

30. Jul, 2010

A lot goes on every week in the world of Internet marketing, social media and search engines. So much that I don’t really have the time to blog about everything that I want to.  So, I’m going to do something new this Friday and give you a recap of the stuff that I wanted to say something about. :)

#1- Facebook is adding an ‘ask a question’ feature to a select amount of profiles. This feature is available in your status bar, but instead of making some sort of statement, you can pose a question that is visible for everyone in Facebook to answer.

Notice that EVERYONE can view your questions, so to me it sounds like another great way for Facebook to keep users from leaving their site. :)   With that being said, I’m sure Facebook has something bigger in mind. They announced that they won’t be giving search engines access to this info, but I’m guessing it’s because they want to keep it for their own search engine.

#2- Google is dominating the mobile search market. Go figure, right? They hold a modest 98.29% of mobile searches.

Sure, Google can be frustrating, but you can’t deny that they own the search engine market, which means we have to be paying attention to news like this.  And in times like this, SEO for Google is vital for your search engine success because organic Google results are getting the vast majority of search engine clicks.

#3- I’ll end my rant today with one more note about Google. One of their employees made a fantastic statement that,

I can assure you that the last thing we want is for the business who hires the best SEO to win a better slot. But, the SEOs are, unfortunately, pretty good at what they do, and so sometimes they out smart us.

I’m not a Blackhatter, so this isn’t me telling you to go out and take advantage of Google with underhanded tricks. However well they may work, they will eventually get you into serious trouble. But with that said, Google is admitting that they aren’t the all powerful, untouchable that we think they are.

Google has a method to its madness, despite the fact that it changes from time to time, it’s not impossible to figure out. And it’s very possible make Google work for you without getting in a heap of trouble.  Let this statement empower you!

Agree or disagree with any of my opinions? Let me know with a comment below!

If you’re curious about some ways to take advantage of Google’s weaknesses without getting banned or slapped, check out my self-made and tested system to get top rankings with Google. Click Here now to learn about the ‘Perpetual Traffic Formula.”

No comments:

Followers