Wednesday 28 March 2012

Advice from the trenches: best productivity Blogger tools

OK, if you are on a Mac, you must use MarsEdit and other items in this list. But if you have Windows, then the image is much brighter.

The free Windows Live Writer is certainly the best blog editor available. I use for my blog and it is difficult to compare with MarsEdit, even if it is a commercial software. I recommend you search YouTube Live Writer reviews and tutorials, to see it in action. I consider the software to be among the best created by Microsoft and especially created for blogging.

Once again, if you are a Windows user, and SnagIt is perhaps the best screen capture (either photo or video) in software, even if I do not see this well-related blogs. In addition, it is not free.

I refuse to fully understand how the Gmail or Google Calendar fell into this list, because they are not linked to blogs at all.

Personally for me, the list of things that I use for blogging also includes HTML Editor (the blog is not only consists of positions, but pages also), service comments Disqus, some modules for the Chrome browser that analyse the performance of the site, the software development environment (as I'm changing the blog engine according to my needs)utility synchronization of files, software for the production of screencasts and a whole lot more, but they are not directly related to the blogs, so the list would be meaningless.

The list of tools depends on what you do. Basically, that the list should contain only the platform (WordPress, BlogEngine.NET or other) and the editor offline, everything else is irrelevant.

In my view, by using the right equipment is no less important - for example, I have a separate laptop for blogs, and I am extremely pleased that I have taken this decision, although for some people it would look like to an overcapacity.

Just my 5 c.

No comments:

Followers