Tuesday 27 March 2012

Get More Comments: Know Which Posts Make Readers Talk

This guest post is by Caz Makepeace of y Travel Blog.

As a travel blogger, there are many different types of articles that we write. We like to help people to get inspired, get informed, and to get going. We know that not every article we write will get the same response in regards to social media sharing and comments.

You really need to understand which ones will get the better responses, and why. This will help you to know how to write your posts the most effectively.

After I have finished writing a post, I have a fairly good idea of the response I’ll get via the comments.

A lot of posts we write provide travel tips and information people need to go to a specific destination. These types of posts are therefore relevant to a specific group of people, and are time-sensitive to the point at which they want to travel there. As a result, the comments for these types of posts are low.

Our other styles of posts are my travel thoughts and inspiration posts. These usually target those issues that are relevant to all travellers and are designed to inspire my readers into action. These always get a great response.

I have been a traveller for many years, therefore I know how my readers think and feel. Travel has a certain culture attached to it. I write about that culture and my readers connect. They see a friend in me—someone who thinks like them. They become inspired and excited by this, and so want to comment and share their thoughts on the same topic.

To get a high comment response, you just have to think and feel like your reader. Allow them to see you as their friend who understands them, and talk about issues that are relevant to them.

Caz Makepeace believes that life is all about the memories and inspires others to travel and make their life a story to tell at her popular, y Travel Blog. She also owns Mojito Mother, a blog aimed at putting the mojo back into a mother’s life, where she shares her experiences as a mother and a woman following her own dreams.

No comments:

Followers